Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Gospel is Personal

Written April 1, 2013

Hey there family,

Sorry I told dad too that I don't have much time today since I got a bunch of letters, but I am super grateful to get them and feel so loved! I got my package from Grandma lois and my companions and I were super grateful for the goodies. They were a little werided out about the chocolate with chilis. I told them that Mexico has a big influence on our food choices sometimes. Well at least im enjoying them!! Wow Dad told me that Connor is home now and I was thinking about who is next to go out into the mission field from Shelby? IS there anyone else preparing besides Brent?

Well this week was a good one and a difficult one as well since we didnt have too much success, but we did have some really good lessons. Wel are teaching one guy named Luis and he is amazing. He will be a amazing member of the church one day because He already has a love for Christ. I just love this man already and I hope and pray that his timing for his baptism is before the 16 of may. I want to see it! But we also had a totally amazing experience with a family this week. We have really tried to focus on teaching families these last few months but sometimes it is difficult tto find a complete family to teach. Well we had an Easter activity in one of the stakes in rancagua and as my companion and i entered the church builing a family was standing outsied and they asked us...hey we are new here and have never been in one of these churches..can we just go in? And my companio and I jumped all over that and invited them to sit with us and we showed them where they needed to go. Then we had a really neat experience giving them all Books of mormon and teaching them before the activity. I felt so strongly for this family that I still have such a desire to teach them and help them. But when we asked them were they lived....well it just so happens that they live completely out of the limits of our sector....we happily...looked for the other hermanas from this sector. In the end they asked us if we could go to their house too and teach them and I said...no only if you move into our sector. But I have no doubt that some time in the future this family will be baptized.

I realized from this experience that Heavenly Father gives us blesssings like this one everyday, how grateful I am to at least been a part of this conversion process in finding the truth. I have to say that my testimony of the Book of Mormon is what keeps me grounded in the gospel. I know that it teaches and testifies of Christ. I feel like this book is written personally for me, it teaches me how to come closer to Him and I know that every person that reads, studies, ponders, and prays will have the same feelings that I do. That the gospel is personal, my relationship with God and Jesus Christ is personal. I hope that you can have this too. But just know that I love you all! Sorry it isnt much. But until next week!!!!

Hermana Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment