Saturday, April 27, 2013

Out of small things great things come to pass!!!

Written on April 15, 2013

Hey Mom and family!!!

I can hardly believe that time has gone by soo fast. Tomorrow I will complete 17 months on the mission. I feel like it is so unfair that it has just flown by. I still feel like there is so much more to do but so little time to do it all. I really like this idea of packs of awesome. I want to bring that up with the Relief Sociey President here so that they can do a service activity. I know that they were looking for one that they could be a good idea for them as well. The Chileans are really talented as far as crocheting and arts and crafts so I think that they could enjoy creating paquetes bakanes....or packs of awesome!! 
 
I got your package last week right before my birthday so it was perfect and I also got my package from Lois and Doyle!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. My companions and I enjoyed it all. I loved the close, but I gave some of my gifts away to my companions and some friends in the ward. I figured that they would enjoy them for more time than I would. Sometimes my companions don't receive many things from home and I get so much that it almost makes me feel bad. But I can't just say don't send anything.

So this last week was really a pretty good week. We found lots of new people to teach and we even had a new investigator in church yesterday, well actually we had two new investigators in church..the other two didn't make it. But our new investigator is a named Molly and she is a hoot. She is widow and lives alone but is hysterical and has a really bright personality. She participated in the classes and loved everything. The first lesson we had with her we invited her to be baptized and she told us, with big eyes, that scares me. But she knows now the reason we come to her home, to help her find the truth, the restored gospel, and that this really is the only way to return back to our Heavenly Father. It was so cool on Sunday just about everyone of the testimonies given said that this is the correct path and the only true church. She told us after church that she loved it, but that she also had lots of meditating and praying to do. I love her and pray that she has the faith to receive an answer that this is the true church.

Well I have to go, time us up!! Thank you for everything tell everyone that I love them. And maybe next week I will get some pictures sent off!! Have a good week, read your scriptures and pray everyday!!! Out of small things great things come to pass!!!

Hermana Thacker

No comments:

Post a Comment